My wife and I tried this recipe and found the burgers to be very tasty, and the steak fries were wonderful! Thank you, Jeff Novick, for providing a terrific recipe that is easy to follow and very tasty as well!
– Two Cans Low sodium Kidney Beans or bean of your choice (we used black beans)
– 1 Cup Cooked Brown Rice**
– 1 Cup Regular Rolled Oats*
– 1/4 Cup Tomato Sauce (or any salsa, ketchup, or BBQ sauce)
– 1/2 Tsp Salt
– 1/2 Tsp Pepper
– 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
– 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
– 1/2 Tsp Cumin
– 1/2 Tsp Paprika
Mash Beans by hand with a fork or potato masher. Mix in all other ingredients, mix well and form patties. One batch will make 4-5 parties. Let sit uncovered in the fridge for 20 minutes to set.
Grill or broil burgers on each side till done.
*Can use ~1/4 cup cornmeal instead of the oats.
**Can substitute other cooked whole grains for the cooked brown rice.
– Bake several large potatoes
– Let cool in fridge for an hour or more.
– Cut cold potatoes lengthwise into steak fries
– Place under broiler till golden brown